Sat, Feb 12|
The Big Takeover at Winter Carnival Post Parade Party
Time & Location
Feb 12, 2:00 PM
Saranac Lake, 48 Main St, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
About the event
The Big Takeover
at Winter Carnival Post Parade Party
Saturday February12th, 2022 Doors Noon Show 2pm - 6pm (ISH) "After the Parade"
48 Main St. Saranac Lake, NY Waterhole Music Lounge www.saranaclakewaterhole.com
- Masks will be required for entry to the venue. They are required at all times while indoors except while you are seated or actively drinking. Masks will be available for purchase at the venue.
- We will be practicing responsible capacity limits to all concerts. Concerts will be limited to 50% to 60% capacity.
- Following Gov. Kathy Hochul's Announcement that 95% of 18 & over adults in New York are vaccinated, we are not checking vaccine cards at the door.
- We ask anyone that has come in contact with Covid 19 or are showing symptoms of Covid 19 do not attended the event.
- We are encouraging attendees to utilize at home testing kits during Winter Carnival. Get your free tests today: https://www.covidtests.gov
The Big Takeover - Hudson Valley https://www.bigtakeoverband.com/
Bio Traditionalists or progressives? Fronted by the charismatic Jamaican-born singer and songwriter Nee Nee Rushie, the seven-piece New York band The Big Takeover plays original music that is rooted in and reverent toward the genres and rhythms of Jamaican pop: reggae, rocksteady, ska. They are devotees of Desmond Dekker and the way the old school did it. At the same time, The Big Takeover crosses lines and blends traditions like global pop fusionists. Their deceptively complex arrangements and big hooks connect with the spirit of Motown and the uptown sophistication of the 21st century retro soul and R&B revival scene.
That rich sound, along with their rigorous performing schedule and studio work, has been paying off. In 2018, the Big Takeover completed a successful 12-state tour. They were enthusiastically received by 10,000 at Omaha’s Jazz on the Green festival. They delivered an outrageously infectious and nuanced acoustic performance on the popular reggae-centric Sugarshack Sessions. Meanwhile, their current standalone single “Rainboots” has scored big with the discerning tastes at National Public Radio. The Big Takeover has appeared live in studio on several NPR stations, while “Rainboots” is in rotation on all of them.